Saturday 27 March 2010

Day 38

Breakfast: Shredded Wheat. Toast with Butter and Honey. Hot Apple and Blackcurrant juice.
Lunch: Sandwiches with egg and cheese and lettuce. Drinks: water and milk.
Tea Time: Stir Fried Veg and potatoes.
Snack: Homemade biscuits. Gaymers Cider.
I was at a conference during the day- and it had rubbish sandwiches for which I shall pay a forfeit.

How long is Lent?
As I have usually been writing my posts and counting the days as I went I started to realise that it wouldn't last till Easter Sunday. In all the previous years when I gave up stuff for Lent I had always assumed there were 40 days between Ash Wednesday and Easter Sunday. But guess what- it's 46. So I should always have been finishing a 40 day Lent at after Palm Sunday. I must be owed some days from previous years!
There are various rationales given for the difference in dates- maybe that you can take all the Sunday's off from your fast (?) or that nobody said it should actually be 40 days. Wikipedia lists different lengths of Lent and ways of calculating it. When I started I was convinced it was 40 days long- because I always thought it was supposed to reflect the time that Jesus fasted in the desert before he began his ministry. So 40 days- that's how long mine is going to last- so til Monday morning then.


Forfeit £1

No comments:

Post a Comment