Thursday 18 February 2010

Day 1 Ash Wednesday

Breakfast: Shredded Wheat and Milk, Oatcakes with Scottish Butter, Hot Blackcurrant and Apple Juice (Belvior)
Lunch: Broccoli, Carrot and Onion Salad ( - from the veg box) with a dressing of Rape seed oil and Cider vinegar.
Snack: Oatcakes
Drinks: water
Dinner: Broccoli and Potato Soup, Vegetable Crumble (Mainly root veg out the veg box- but I made this before Lent- its got some coconut creme in it), Blackcurrant and Apple Juice.
Snack: Shredded Wheat and Milk.

Not too bad today- I was able to plan in advance... but at tea time (i got in at 7.15pm) night I was feeling very hungry.
I went shopping for this yesterday and mainly I found that things I bought had only one ingedient- like the oil, vinegar, mustard powder... And It was difficult as well I shopped in Holland and Barrett- and ASDA. IN Holland and Barrett the pre-packaged food is clearly labelled as either produce of whichever country (meaning that it was grown there) or product of which means that it was assembled there- eg. Bombay Mix is product of the UK but I doubt anything in it is actually produce of the UK!
Complicated. ASDA was more complicated to find where things were from because each product is differently packaged. Most products are from all over the world. But I did manage to find a few things. I suppose it helps to be roughly aware of where certain foods come from.

I was plagued with Headaches all day too- probably Caffeine Withdrawal headaches all day though- mild headaches in the right side of my head and behind my eyes. Felt tired too.

Maybe its psychosomatic.

1 comment: