Sunday 7 March 2010

Day 18

Breakfast: Porridge, Scones with Butter and honey, Hot apple and Blackcurrant juice.
Lunch: Sandwich on Arran Cheddar Cheese with pickle and Chips.
Tea Time: Split Pea soup. Spelt risotto.
Evening Snack: Home made biscuits.

So today Yvonne and I went out for Lunch to the Wheelhouse,in Falkirk. I was joking to her that i'm like the Danny Devito Character in Get Shorty- never order anything straight off the menu. So they had an Arran cheddar sandwich with bacon or something. So I had it without the bacon obviously. The bread and pickle were the dubious bits so I will pay the full forfeit for that: £5.50.

At night I used Spelt. Off the top of my head (before I check the internet) Spelt is one of these superfoods things that was an ancient grain grown in the UK that you don't get much of now- its been replaced by other things- particularly Rice in our diet now. The packet had a recipe for a Risotto which I went for. It tasted quite nice really. Spelt has more of a sweetish flavour. The other thing was that it had quite a lot of husks in it. I will check it a bit more thoroughly next time I use it. Now here is the link to SPELT on wiki so you can check if I was just havering.

No comments:

Post a Comment